Sunday, December 4, 2016

Thankful Turkeys

 Thanksgiving 2016
Gorgeous day with my favorite people.

The girls watched some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with me and then we started baking.  We made sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and pink fluffy stuff, and then headed over to my parents' house for our first giant meal of the day. 

Papaw and Meme were there already--I'm pretty sure they get a kick out of the Fab Four, but they probably wear them out a little, too.
We had a really delicious lunch, with all of my favorites.  Everything was SO good!
Jackson and I were thankful that even though our pumpkin pie (with homemade pie crust) didn't look pretty, it still tasted good.  Score for the Mom & Son Baking Duo!

I'm even more thankful for Jared and our precious kids.


All the kids are fun-loving, energetic and athletic as all get-out.
Makes a post-lunch football game pretty exciting!

The game was close, but Jackson and I pulled out the win at the end!


While we're on the topic of thankfulness, this lady is at the top of my list.
I love my sweet mama and probably don't tell her that enough.
 

A few hours later, we were at our second celebration.
Aunt Lyndsie brought a platter of cookies for the adults...

and personalized turkeys for each of our kids.  So cute.
Cami loved hers!

Before dinner, we all had fun cheering on the Cowboys.

We watched them win (yay!)...

and then gave Poppi his birthday presents.  Happy Birthday!


These girls were running on fumes, but they found it so hard to say goodbye to Aunt Maria:)

Cami even had Uncle Andrew dancing his heart out on their make-shift living room dance floor.
A night to remember for sure!



No comments:

Blog Archive