Monday, December 5, 2016

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

There are pretty trees at church...

and we get to go, since baseball season is over!

Jackson and I met his school buddies and their moms at Target last weekend.  We all went shopping for the five angels that we adopted from the Salvation Army.  We bought ours new sheets and a new bedspread, soccer cleats and a soccer ball.  God loves a cheerful giver, and these boys were definitely that!

Later that night, we went to check out this cool house in Sachse that has just gone all-out with their lights.  It is set to a radio station and is so neat!

On December 1st, Johnny the Elf made his return to our home.  

To celebrate, the kids all got personalized elf cookies from Aunt Lyndsie.  They were almost too cute to eat, and they really wanted to just keep the sweet cookies in their boxes:)
Christmas time also means the return of basketball season.  We're thrilled that Gavin is playing on the Mavericks this season with J.  They lost a close one on Saturday, but I know they'll get the win sometime soon.

Jackson's not the only double-sport off-season player in the house anymore.
This girly just had her first basketball game too!

 
Christmas lights just make everything feel more festive--like dinner at Urban Eatz.  We enjoyed some good food before we took the kids to look at lights in Highland Park.

So many beautiful houses were decorated well, but this was one of Cami's favorites.
 My favorite was the one with at least 150 Santas! 

We decorated our tree this past weekend, too, which means I get to see the magic of Christmas when I catch them staring at their favorite ornaments.  Love her.


And finally, it wouldn't be Christmas without a slip-up from our elf.  I accidentally touched him (totally not allowed) while trying to help him sit back up on Saturday.  Unfortunately, it was enough to make him not be able to fly back to the North Pole that night.  Lila said, "that's ok, mom," while Jackson adamantly asked me, "why didn't you just leave him alone?!"  We were all very relieved to find him in a new spot this morning.  Guess that Christmas glitter I sprinkled on him did the trick!

No comments:

Blog Archive