My favorite night of the year! Christmas Eve!
We decided to jazz up our Christmas Eve this year, and go to the main campus of Lake Pointe Church in Rockwall. The singers are amazing and we love listening to Pastor Steve preach in person.
 |
| I got to sit next to this little beauty. |
 |
| We all enjoyed listening to the orchestra play before the service began. |
 |
| We rolled deep, too! Gigi, Boom, Maddie, Aunt Lyndsie, Uncle Scott, Memaw, Poppi, Aunt Maria and Uncle Andrew joined us. |
 |
Everyone was all smiles and in a great mood. Three out of these four were very well behaved. Any guesses who the stinker was?? Here's a hint--during the second to last song, Heavenly Child (a beautiful, slow song), she was sitting in my lap. She started trying to wriggle out of my arms and when I finally asked what was wrong, she whispered, "I just need to dance!" So I let her. She swayed and twirled to the rest of the song. I knew if I scooped her up, she'd scream, so I just gave in. She danced through most of Silent Night as well, until I offered her a lit candle to hold. Right after the service was over, a lady came up to me and said, "Mama, you just gotta let her dance! My husband and I were watching her and it just brought tears to our eyes. She's so innocent and we just loved seeing her dance." It made me feel a little bit better that perhaps we didn't ruin Christmas Eve service for the people sitting near us. I did think it was precious, I was just worried about disrupting others, and that sweet lady made my night. |
 |
These two loved singing Silent Night. I was simply thankful their sister didn't catch herself or anyone else on fire! |
 |
| Love these people. |
 |
| Cami is thankful that there was snow on the stage! |
 |
| Scott and Lyndsie joined us for dinner at The Fatted Calf after church, along with the rest of the fam. |
 |
| We had fried green tomatoes with the best pimento cheese ever, then moved on the honey butter chicken and halibut. It was all delicious! |
 |
| By 7:30 we were heading home to get ready for Santa. |
 |
| Only 1 more day until Christmas! |
 |
| The kids set out cookies and milk for Santa Claus... |
 |
then we let the kids open one present each. Jackson was stoked to get this Ezekiel Elliott Cowboys jersey! Feed me! |
 |
| Cami loved her Elena of Avalor barbie doll, and Lila was so happy about her new red shorts and USA soccer shirt. |
 |
They fed the reindeer and were off to bed.
And the stockings were hung by the chimneys with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there. |
No comments:
Post a Comment