Our latest series at church was on creating more margin in your life. Our preacher really encouraged people to slow down, focus on our family and friends, because relationships can only grow and flourish when we tend to them. It's simply not possible to give the people we love the most enough attention if we are always plugged in, and racing to a million activities. As you might imagine, this really spoke to me. I try every day to be a good mommy and a good wife. I try to take care of myself by exercising and eating decently. But some days I feel like I'm just making it through the day, not really taking the time to enjoy my life. And you know what? That's just not good enough. I can do better. These past few weeks I've tried to do just that.
 |
| One day very soon, my sweet and sassy five year old will be done dressing up and asking me to do her makeup. And her little sister will no longer think it's greatness to be wrapped up like a taco. |
 |
| I pray that these two are the best of friends, but their time snuggling in my bed and watching Sunday Morning cartoons is fleeting, I know. I will cherish it while they still love to do it. |
 |
| I have really dropped the ball on visiting my grandparents. So many people my age have already lost their grandpas and grandmas. I still have two who are living and in relatively good health. I have taken the kids to see Papaw two days this week. It's good for him, them and me! By the second day, Cami wore her "Dr. Betty coat" and gave him a full check-up. He thought it was fun and she thought it was hysterical when he jumped and hollered after every shot she gave him. |
 |
| There was probably a time when I would have taken away the cookie from Jackson or Lila because it was (gasp!) before lunchtime. You want a thin mint? Who am I to deny you this small pleasure in life? They are amazing little cookies! |
 |
| This girl has been on top of the world the past few weeks. She's lost three teeth all in a row, and gotten $5 from the tooth fairy each time. Instead of being irritated when she woke me up at 4am as she was laying next to me, I was so happy for her. I heard, "it popped out!" so I got out of bed, hugged her, and helped wash out her mouth. We put the tooth in a safe place, snuggled up together and went back to sleep. |
 |
| And finally, I love, love, love being more intentional about spending time with Cameron. Yesterday we read books to her babies, rode stick horses around the house and did puzzles. For the past few months, we have given Kindermusik a shot--it wasn't so much her cup of tea and it wasn't mine either. We decided to check out a new thing this week--open gym! It's so great, too. Only $5 for two hours and you can do anything, from walk on the low beams... |
 |
| to swing on the bars... |
 |
| which is perfect for this little monkey girl. |
 |
| She also jumped on the trampoline and then did this obstacle course many times. We practiced front rolls, handstands and jumping off anything and everything. It was perfect! Next week we are definitely jumping into the pit. I can't wait. |
No comments:
Post a Comment