It has taken me three children, and one with a birthday right after Christmas, to learn that they just don't need a lot for their birthdays. Especially so young. Cameron does pretty well with a few people, but large groups just overwhelm her. She's also the third girl, and there is almost nothing that she doesn't have. Baby dolls--check. Strollers--check. Barbies--check. Shoes--double check. The girl has got it all! Now that I've given her a small family party, I still have my sanity, too. A win/win!
Saturdays are always busy for us, and this one was no different. Lila played at noon. We ran home to eat a quick lunch and Cami fell asleep. As she rested, we ate and then the boys ran back up to PSA for Jackson's basketball game. It was delayed, which meant Cami got to sleep a little longer. Lila and I woke her up at 2:00 and hustled to make the start of big brother's game. Madison was playing soccer at 2:30, too, but we missed all of her game. We got home around 3:30 and all I had to do was pick up the house a little. So nice!
 |
| A little before 5, the doorbell rang. Aunt Lyndsie and Uncle Scott had arrived with the cake! |
 |
| We loved it! So, so adorable, with a chocolate layer on bottom and strawberry on top. |
 |
| The big boys got to visit while the kids played. |
 |
| We opened some wine and everyone just got to relax. |
 |
| Then Jared started cooking the spaghetti. I gotta say, having a chef was such a bonus! |
 |
| Our birthday girl had not forgotten about her cake. She kept climbing up into the barstool so that she could get a better look, and told me many times, "mine cake." I was pretty surprised that she never poked a hole in it or grabbed the 2! |
 |
| This sweet girl was so very tired, and just wanted to snuggle with Gigi. She perked up when I set a big plate of spaghetti in front of her, though, and ate every single noodle. The kid loves some Italian food! |
 |
| Soon after, it was cake time! |
 |
| Happy birthday to Cameron!!! |
 |
| Happy birthday to you! She blew out her candles... |
 |
| and smiled for the camera. Such a big girl! |
 |
After cake, it was time for our last activity of the night--presents! Maddie and Lila were on hand to help out the guest of honor.
She got some fun gifts, including this Care Bears night light and walking/talking puppy dog from Gigi.
|
 |
She also got two purses from Memaw and did a little modeling for us, unprompted!
She's a natural:) |
 |
| We just gotta work on sitting like a little lady! |
 |
| Boom, Gigi and Madison all loved celebrating with their favorite 2 year old. |
 |
| The same for Memaw and Poppi... |
 |
Aunt Maria and Uncle Scott. The other two stayed longer and I didn't get a pic of them with just the birthday girl, but she loves her Aunt Lyndsie and Uncle Scott. They called to wish her a happy birthday the night before and she talked to them for over 5 minutes. Then she told me all about it at least 3 times before finally going to bed that night. Her daddy and I love that so many people think she's as special as we do. She got a birthday present in the mail from Cali--thanks Leslie! Birthday wishes on the phone, birthday cards in the mail, and friends that came to play at the park, too.
It all made her 2nd birthday really great. I think this might just be her best year yet! |
No comments:
Post a Comment