Sunday, January 3, 2016

Family Photo Shoot by Megan Williams

I love Megan Williams!  My family loved taking pictures with her.  That's amazing!  Never have we done a photo shoot with all 5 of us, where we walked away afterwards with everyone in a good mood and my sanity.  It's simply unheard of!  Kudos to Megan for making it painless.  Shoot, it was actually a pretty enjoyable hour of walking around Arbor Hills Nature Preserve.
 
I had waited really late to contact Megan about doing photos for our family this fall.  By the time I did, she was booked solid for the second half of October and all of November.  She said that we could be her very last photo shoot of the season on December 5th.  I crossed my fingers that it wouldn't be 30 degrees and sleeting that day and said okay.   Sure enough, the weather was perfect!  We met her at 4:00 so we were able to capture the sun setting over the park.  Fantastic!
After a couple of family photos, she wanted to snap the kids by themselves. 
Jackson went first--an old pro at this.  He flashed his smile and won her over immediately.

Miss Lila was up next.  She and I both were so happy to curl her pretty long hair this year. 
She looks so much older than last year, and I think that's why.


And speaking of older, this little one has changed the most--by far! 
She couldn't even walk at last year's family photos!

Megan was so sweet that Cami even let me set her down and walk behind the camera. My big girl!

We moved on over to another field where the light was shining through nicely.  Cami insisted on sitting on my leg instead of standing.  Goose.

We convinced her to sit on her daddy's lap for a second so that her bow wasn't covering half of my face.

We took some candids...

even squeezing in a picture of just us two!

This was one of my favorites:) 



I love this in black and white...

and color, too.  They have such joy on their faces!

Mama and her monkeys--at least they are sweet monkeys:)

These three really do light up my world.

Daddy and the kiddos--they have LOVED having him at home more during the Christmas break.  Me too.

One of my favorites of Cameron.  Her cheeks are just so kissable! 
No wonder I smooch them 55 times a day.

Almost 9, 23 months, and 5 years old.  The littlest thinks she's as big as the others!

Rico Suave!

We ended the session by snapping a few on this red and white blanket.  I'm so glad we did, because they turned out to be some of my faves.

I love this one!

And this one, too!  They love their Bubba--here's proof!

Me and my girls.

Our handsome boys.  I bet next year Jackson will be up to his daddy's shoulders.  Oh my!

I couldn't love any four people more than I love this group.  We had a great time together this holiday season, mixing in plenty of family time and also quality time with friends.  Just how I like it!  2015 was one for the books, but we are ready for new adventures in 2016!

No comments:

Blog Archive