Thursday, January 21, 2016

Cheer Girls

Since the kids were out of school on Monday for MLK day, we decided to take a little road trip to Fort Worth.  Their cousins were competing in the ACA Nationals at the Ft. Worth Convention Center and we thought it would be fun to go cheer them on.
Shelly's friends saved our party of 6 some really great seats right up front.  First, we watched Bella's team--she's the youngest and just turned 9, but she flipped with the rest of the girls and did good!  Go Snipers!

Half an hour later it was time to watch Hannah--she was hamming it up the whole time, and totally owned her front and center spot.  She's the flyer in the front in this pic--Go Seabees!



Both teams did well, but since Bella's team didn't have any competition, they automatically won.  Letter jackets and all!  I'm not sure about that, but I do love this little chick.  She's soooo sweet with her cousins and they just adore her.

Hannah's team did have lots of competition and they came in 3rd place.  She was happy about that, and thrilled to see Jackson, Lila, Maddie and especially Cami!  Hannah is the little mommy of their trio and will soon run the Baby Sitters Club of Houston.  If they lived closer, I'd hire her in a few years!  She's only 10 right now:)
 

Lila left that day and said, "I want to do that!"  She was definitely inspired to work on her gymnastics.  I'm all for tumbling classes, but I just can't go there with the cheerleading--for quite a while at least.

After lunch, we walked back to see Emily compete with her squad.  They were good!  Really good.  Emily is also front and center for jumps and has a few featured tumbling runs of her own, too.  I was impressed, and so were all of her little cousins.  Her team got 1st place, too!  We are looking forward to watching them at NCA Nationals in Dallas next month. 

No comments:

Blog Archive