My angel baby. The other night this little lady just could not stay asleep in her crib. I would get her to sleep, lay her down and she was back up in an hour. I'd awake and hear, "Mama, Mama, Mama" over the monitor, so I'd slowly walk back up the stairs one more time. All night long. Then yesterday she did the same thing at nap time. She'd been asleep for an hour and woke up crying and calling my name. I went up there, asked what was wrong and she just held her arms out and said, "rock." So I did.
 |
| My sweet baby fell right back asleep and I just held her for a good while, letting myself reflect on how amazing it is to be her mother. And how lucky I have been to be able to stay home and take care of all three of our kids. Rock me. I remember rocking Jackson for an hour every night, singing him lullabies until I got too tired and started humming them. Every night I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to get him to sleep. With Lila, I remember not being afraid anymore, but just wishing that I could speed up the process. I was ready for her to lay down and go to sleep, so I wished it away. Now with Cameron, she goes to sleep pretty easily and I no longer feel anxious or rushed. I take in her sweet smell. I look at her in awe. She is my last baby and I just need to treasure these times. So I will. I'll rock her one more time. And love every minute of it. |
1 comment:
You rock that sweet baby. I still rock Carter after we read a book. He wants to "snuggie." So I rock him and sing songs. Then he wants more snuggles in his bed after I tick him in. At four-years-old I hold on to every second. Nothing better.
Post a Comment