Sunday, September 20, 2015

My loves

I have so many things to be thankful for, that sometimes it's good to stop and do just that. 
Wake up and thank God.
Be grateful for the blessings. 
It really keeps things in perspective for me.
 
Here are some of my highs since last Thursday:
 

Thanks to our family for watching Cameron, I've been able to work the lunch room twice for Kindergarten.  This past week, though, I got to do Big Centers.  I was there for two hours and loved meeting kids from all 5 classes.  They were sweet (I got many hugs!), silly, funny and just downright a joy to be around.  My favorite one was in my very last group.  And she had the BEST smile on her face as she walked all way down the hallway to my station, her arms wide open.  I scooped her up in my arms and she said, "I've been waiting to come see you all morning, Mommy!"

I'm so happy that I get to spend my days loving on this little girl, and that's she's getting old enough to do more fun things, like go for bike rides.  She loves to zip around the neighborhood and always tells me "more, more," when we get home.  She even whines when I take off her helmet--the girl loves to be on the bike!  We decided to venture a little further the other day when I realized that it was Lila's recess time.  We biked all the way to school and got to see Lila on the playground doing cartwheels with her girlfriends.  Made me smile even bigger to see her so happy at school.
 

Yesterday I was thankful for a beautiful Saturday morning.  It was perfect for this little girl to make her soccer debut on the all-girls Bumblebee team.  And they did fantastic!

I'm thankful that Cameron has such an attentive cousin who is always willing and excited to play with her.  They just adore each other!


I'm grateful that Jackson has found a fun group of boys who love to play football just as much as he does.  Their first game of the season is tomorrow night.  Stay tuned for details.




I'm predicting a stellar game for #12 and his team.  We can't wait!
 
 

I am very thankful to be able to go on dates with this guy.  We went to Love and War and listened to live music on Friday night, and then went to Nick & Sam's last night for Hayley's birthday.
So much food, and so much fun!

A night out with two of my very best friends is always at the top of my list.  Since there are 8 kids between the three of us now, it's a rare event, so we cherish it even more.

And finally, there are few sweeter things than turning around in the car and seeing my oldest and youngest holding hands as we head home from church.  Oh my word.  They melted my heart. 
I was so grateful that I got to witness their love for one another.

No comments:

Blog Archive