Monday, September 28, 2015

Happy 85th Birthday, Meme!

It's not every day that your sweet Meme turns 85.  We wanted to make sure that she felt the love from everyone on her special day, so we pulled out all the stops. 
I ordered a cake from Annie's Bakery--Mexican Chocolate and Italian Cream. 
Both were crazy good. 

I also ordered party favor cookies from my sister-in-law.  Sugar by Lyndsie came through again!  They looked, and tasted, fabuloso!
 
 

These three girls were all dolled up and ready to celebrate with their great-grandmother.  In all honesty, the littlest was just concerned about chasing the cat around the house and hollering for me if I got too far away!

Colleen and my mom gathered lots of photographs of Meme, starting back when she was a little girl.  That's a lot of years to include!  I made a collage of them and we had it displayed in the living room for everyone to see.  So many great memories!

Colleen insisted that we have the 85 balloons and even ordered them at a separate Party City, just to make sure we had them.  Like I said, we pulled out all the stops:)

By 5:00, our guests began arriving.  Mom's cousin Gerald and his wife Linda brought his mom, who is Meme's sister.  My cousin Jenny (due on Nov. 2nd!) came with her little boy, Aunt Ann and Uncle Doug.

Mom's cousin Ruth came with her husband Bobby and brought her dad, who is one of Meme's brothers.

Gerald and Linda

Maddie, Lila, Cami and Kalen getting ready to yell, "Surprise!"

We did it!  She was so surprised!

And so very happy when she saw everyone who had come to help her celebrate.  She hugged my mom's neck...

then hugged Doug:)

She was beaming when she walked over and saw her brother Ben, along with Papaw. 
More on that in a minute!

Meme enjoyed visiting with her nephew JD and his son James...

and was thrilled to pieces to visit with two of her siblings.

Everyone enjoyed their lasagna or fettucine and then it was time for some cake! 
This girl was just happy to be in Gigi's arms.

We all gathered in the dining room and I found myself near Meme and Papaw.  I have such fun memories of playing at their house when I was a little girl, before they got divorced.  I honestly never thought I'd see the day when they would both be together again.  But miracles do happen!  They were both so happy together--really good to see.

We almost had everyone from Mom and Doug's families there, too.  We were just missing my cousin Jeff and his family, who live in South Padre Island.

We lit her candles, sang Happy Birthday, and then she blew them out--with a little help from Lila.

After dessert, we got to chat a little bit more before the party was over. 
Dad entertained everyone as usual...

and Meme got to hang out with her grandson Justin and his wife, too.  She was on cloud nine. 
It was so awesome seeing her that happy!

Happy Birthday, Lois/Mom/Aunt Lois/Meme!
Cheers to 85 years! 

No comments:

Blog Archive