Thursday, April 3, 2014

April Fools!

In honor of April Fool's Day, we decided to play a few harmless tricks on the kids.  Jared found this great article with all kinds of goofy ideas in it and we were like giddy school children waiting for Tuesday morning.
 
First, we put a few drops of red food coloring in J's milk.  He had no idea what was going on and I acted like I didn't either.  I poured out more milk from the carton, which was white, but when it got into the cup, it turned pink.  He was so confused!  Ha!  Gotcha, buddy.

Then Lila woke up and we did the same thing to her.  Purple milk!  She didn't think it was funny at all, though, and stood behind the kitchen island saying "I am not going to drink that!  I just want water."  So her daddy very sweetly obliged this request, but wait...it was green water!  She was just baffled.  I told her that maybe it was really Wacky Wednesday, we just didn't know it, and that she and her daddy should go look outside to see if anything else was amiss.  While she was gone, I pulled out my final trick...

I said, "I've got your cheerios ready, Lila."  She hopped up at the bar and tried to get her first spoonful, when she realized that something wasn't quite right.  Then she asked very sternly, "are these FROZEN?!"  Hehe.  April Fools!!

Blog Archive