Sunday, March 30, 2014

Embracing 34

Some days I feel 45, others around 26, but yesterday I turned 34 years old.  Yes!  I am now in my mid-thirties.  And ya know what?  It feels good!  I am so fortunate to have the life that I do, that I am trying to simply embrace it all.  We started out the celebration by going to Frankie's for some yummy mexican food yesterday afternoon. 

My parents, Jared's parents, Maddie, Andrew and Maria all met us there.  And it did not disappoint.  I had the best brisket quesadillas EVER!  I also got some very nice gifts and cute cards.  My favorite was the one Madison made for me--it said, "Crystal, you make me smile. I love you."  And she drew a picture of me and her together.  Priceless.
 
I got to sit next to this cutie patootie, who was very excited to be celebrating my birthday.  She gave me tons of hugs all day long and told me that she loved me to the moon and back.  I couldn't ask for more.

Even though little Cami couldn't experience the greatness of sopapilla bites, she wasn't bitter at all.  She hung out the whole lunch in her carseat, took a nap for a little while and then woke back up to watch everyone sing Happy Birthday to her mamasita.

Then it was time to play ball!  All of us went to J's game to cheer on the Cubs.  He got three hits and asked me after the game, "did you like the triple I hit for you, mom?!"

All of the Cubs did really well and won big--22 to 12!

It was a beautiful day with my family and the perfect way to spend my birthday.  They are my whole world and I love them more than words could ever say.

But even this mama needs some adult time, too,  After a few hours at home where my kiddos and hubby gave me their gifts, it was time to hit the town!  We met a few close friends at Brio and I got to wear one of my birthday presents.  Thanks, mom!  It was a wonderful evening, and I even got a candle in my tiramisu.  Thank you so much to everyone for making this not-so-young girl feel special!  I hope y'all know how much you mean to me.

No comments:

Blog Archive