So proud that she got to hold Cami standing up!
Lila is only 3 years old, but is working really hard to be all grown up. The other night this was the scene in our house. We had just gotten home from baseball practice and it was getting late. I was trying very hard to get dinner on the stove and Cami was ready to eat. Lila was trying her best to soothe a cranky baby and she said, "Mom, she's just hungry." I know, Lila, I know. I'm hurrying. Then she looked at me and serious as a heart attack said, "how bout you just pump out some milk and I'll feed it to her in a bottle--ok?" And she would have! Soon after that she walked into the kitchen carrying a diaper and said, "I changed Cami's diaper," and had the biggest grin on her face. Forget the fact that Cami was now chillin' with a bare bottom--you gotta commend her big sister for doing her best. A few minutes later, I sat down to feed Cameron and the oven timer started going off. Lila hopped up and said, "don't worry, mom, I got it. I can just put those things on my hands and get that pan out of the oven." Oh child, thank you, but I don't think we're quite ready for that! So glad I've got such an eager helper, though. |
No comments:
Post a Comment