Thursday, March 6, 2008

While I was cooking...

Jackson recently discovered that he is tall enough to reach the door handles in our house. Oh my, how this has expanded his world. As if he wasn't already into enough things, he really is now, and I have to be on my toes even more. Trust me when I say that it is NEVER boring at the Hays Household!

Here's Jackson trying to open the front door--the only reason he's not succeeding is because the top lock is locked.

Here's what a normal night in my kitchen looks like--as I cook, Jackson takes out all the pots and pans, pot holders and every cookbook he can find! Needless to say, after dinner there is more to clean up than just the dishes:) He's happy while he's doing it, so at least that's a plus, and he's really not hurting anything. A few nights ago, though, we entered into a new phase...


I'll call it the "oh my goodness...you did what?!" phase. I was making spaghetti and standing on the other side of the island. I saw Jackson go into the pantry, so went after him and saw that he had found a box of Corn Flakes. (The only reason I even have this cereal is because I needed them for a recipe...anyway, the box was pretty much full.) I thought he could play with the box and not hurt himself, so I let him have it. What I did NOT anticipate was him opening the box and dumping it out EVERYWHERE!! Just as I said, "Jackson, I don't think you need to open the corn flakes," I heard them spilling all over him.



He was completely covered in the cereal and sat there for a minute just admiring his work! My mouth and eyes were wide open as I stared in disbelief. Then he picked up a corn flake, put it in his mouth and said ,"mmmm," with a big ol' grin on his face! This made me laugh out loud and then Jared walked in the door. I was so glad he got to see Jackson's handiwork. The dogs even got in on the fun and helped "clean up" the corn flakes, so everyone was happy. Pretty cute, I must admit.



3 comments:

Pint Sized Life said...

Those pictures are priceless!

Carole said...

okay that corn flakes story totally cracks me up. i know it's stressful, but at least you have good stories, right?!

Monica said...

I can't believe he can reach the doors now! OK so for all of my complaining about how tiny Judah is, I am glad we are a ways off from door opening right now. Girl you've got your hands full! I LOVE those cornflake pictures!

Blog Archive