Friday, March 28, 2008

The last 10 minutes

Sometimes I feel like I live with a crazy, wild man. His name is Jackson and he is ALL boy! I decided to document the last 10 minutes of activity in our house this morning. Here's Jackson with his new tunnel. We played in one at a neighbor's house the other day and he loved it, so of course, I went to Target and got one for our house.


He's checking it out from the side



Thought that was a little boring, so he decided to tackle it instead.


Crawled through it a time or two...



Then began lifting it into the air like it was a huge slinky. Notice the "grrr" look on his face. It's appropriate that he's wearing his little dinosaur pj's this morning.


This is how I found him after I walked less than 10 steps to get the camera--he's so proud of himself. He recently began climbing on things, but usually doesn't stand up. "Oh my" is all I can say to this new trick. I'm in such trouble...



At least he knows how to get down correctly--I'm waiting for him to try to dive off, though. It'll come soon, I'm sure.



Back to the tunnel--he was crawling towards me at this point--very pleased that he "got me."



Moving on to the next toy--he no longer enjoys regular play with toys. He'd much rather see if he can move or shove them over. He does this with the stroller, chairs, vacuum cleaner...etc. After he knocked over this toy a few times he moved on.



Which brings us into the closet under the stairs, where he went next. Jackson now goes in there on a regular basis. Not because there are lots of toys...


But because the real fun can be had playing with our nice, new vacuum cleaner! He LOVES this thing, y'all! It's extreme love, that's for sure. The other day he played with it for 45 minutes. I didn't say a word to him, he just pushed it all around the house, took off the attachments, opened up the compartment that holds the bag, pushed it over on its side, whatever he could think to do, he did.
I'm worn out just trying to document his antics. If you're wondering where he is right now, no worries, he's contained in his crib. He was playing nicely in the closet for a little while, but then I found him chewing on the vacuum cleaner cord, so that had to end. I put him on his little train and gave him a ride thinking that would entertain him for the 10 minutes or so that I wanted to work on this post, but alas, it only worked for 20 seconds. He marched out of the study and into the dining room and began pulling out all kinds of candles and such from a hutch. So, I had to resort to the crib--all I can say is thank GOODNESS he hasn't figured out how to get out of it...yet!!

2 comments:

Pint Sized Life said...

Keeley and Jackson definitely should not play together. They are too much alike! Watch out for the nose dives - Keeley walked off her changing table the other day.

Monica said...

Ok so the picture of him standing on the ottoman is CLASSIC! Oh Crystal do you have your hands full! He is going to provide so much entertainment...;)

Blog Archive