Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

Happy Easter, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day with your family. We sure did! We began the day by all three of us going to church. This was quite the monumental outing, being that Jackson has never been to a nursery or anything of the sort. I was so nervous that we'd be paged within the first two minutes and I'd have to miss the whole sermon! He did GREAT, though. As far as we could tell he just played the whole hour and didn't even miss us--this is such a big break-through! Way to go, little man:) After church and a nap for Jackson, we headed over to my in-laws for a delicious lunch. I was in charge of dessert.


Here's me with one of the two bunny cakes I made for the day. I got the idea from a friend's mom (thanks, Diane and Stephanie) and was so excited that both cakes turned out good. I must confess, I felt a little like Martha Stewart:)



The three of us in the Hays' backyard.




Jackson playing with some spoons and sitting on his Great Grandpa Hays' lap.


Jackson and Jared looking for eggs in the backyard. Most of the time Jackson insisted on carrying the basket, even though it was pretty big and spilled a lot. He got the hang of the hunt very quickly and was soon searching the yard for more eggs to put in his basket.



After another nap, we went over to my parents' house for dinner. They had some very fun toys waiting for Jackson. Here he is with one of his favorites--the Batman Fourwheeler. He drove it all around their house--I couldn't believe it, he was a little Mario Andretti. We can't wait to go back and let him ride it again:) Thanks Gran Gran and Boom Paw!


1 comment:

Katie said...

What an impressive cake!! Martha Stewart watch out. :)

Blog Archive