Wednesday, February 12, 2020

'Twas the Night Before Christmas...

and we were in shorts at the park.
The kids were all laughing, awaiting the dark.
 My poem ends here, as I have way too many pictures.  
I'd quickly run out of phrases, because what rhymes with pictures?
Christmas Eve is my very favorite day of the year. 
We attended the 4:00 church service at Lake Pointe...


the girls looked precious...

and Jackson was quite dapper in his button-up shirt and tie.


After a good message, we ended the service by singing Silent Night--my favorite part!


After church, we headed to dinner at Al Beirnat's.  My boys!


Love this man so much.

The restaurant was decorated beautifully and we had an amazing meal.  Jackson and Lila shared a filet and Cami and I shared salmon.  Jared had a meal all to himself.  Everything was perfection, from the steaks to the sides to the desserts.  Such a treat.


We made our way home after that and began the rest of our traditions.

Only 1 day until Christmas!!!  These three were just a wee bit excited.

After they changed into their festive jammies, we put out the cookies and milk for Santa.  I gotta say, I'm surprised that Maverick didn't help himself to a sugar cookie.  He was well behaved, though, and restrained himself!  After that, we put out the reindeer food...


and let each child open one gift.

They were all smiles as they opened the first present of Christmas.

Jackson was super thankful for his airpods.  I was just thankful we'd had an awesome day and night.  Family together.  All getting along.  Sharing the blessings of Christmas with one another.

Merry Christmas to all!


No comments:

Blog Archive