Friday, January 25, 2019

Gingerbread Houses, Parties and Carriage Rides!

 Another Christmas tradition is decorating gingerbread houses.  This year, I bought the 4 pack.  Everyone gets their own.  No fighting over icing or candy.  Genius!
Jackson was sick the day we made them, but the girls enjoyed this little activity.  They were so proud of their hard work, especially Lila.
Cami's masterpiece!  Too bad I didn't get a close up of Lila's work...  

because this guy ate the whole darn thing minutes after we left the kitchen!
But kudos to me for buying the 4 pack! 


A few days later it was the last day before Christmas break.  Such an exciting time~

Cameron just has the cutest preschool class! 
They were all so happy to take a call picture with Mrs. Brandt!

Shortly after I dropped off Cami, I was at elementary school for Lila's Winter Party.  It's been a few years, but I can still Room Mom with the best of them! The kids made these cute marshmallow snowmen...

played a few games...

and hung out with their friends.

As we were leaving, Mrs. Bhakta stopped me and told me "If there's ever been a perfect student, Lila is it.  She's helpful, stays on task, and is just a dream to be around."  Made my mama heart so happy!


I thanked Mrs. Bhakta for her kind words and then we ran over to see Cami perform some Christmas songs.


She knew every word and all the motions. Bravo, my little star!


We enjoyed cupcakes and punch...

and everyone told her what a fabulous performer she was.

She gave Hadlie one last goodbye hug and then we were out of there!

A little while later, we were at Deerfield getting ready to board our horse-drawn carriage.

This is our third annual Christmas light event in honor of Memaw's birthday. 
We look forward to it every year!

It was the perfect night--cool, but not freezing, and very clear.


Connor gave it two thumbs up!

This was our favorite house.  It won best decorations in the whole neighborhood and it was well deserved.  They even had a snowman covering the front door!

Happy Birthday to Memaw and cheers to a wonderful night with family.

No comments:

Blog Archive