Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Exploring Connecticut

I've only been to Connecticut once, and I remember it's beauty.  The morning after the wedding, we went to the brunch at our hotel that was hosted by Brent's parents.


We loved seeing Gail and Ana again and were able to thank them, along with Brent and his parents, for an unforgettable night.  Before we said goodbye, I asked Ana for some ideas on what to do in Connecticut before we left for the airport.  She had some great suggestions!

We took two Ubers down to Mainstreet in Westport, which was only a block away from the picturesque Saugatuck River.  

Exploring it was way better than shopping, so that's exactly what we did.

Gorgeous!

I'm pretty sure we all recognized that we were in a postcard-type of scene.

Of course, the kids loved the ducks...

and liked looking for giant leaves as we walked.

The fall colors were in full effect.

So beautiful!

The kids got to billy-goat up and down the hills, run around and be silly before our second round of Ubers came to take us to the beach.

Compo Beach was totally awesome, too!
Only 10 minutes away was this incredible beach with an enormous playground.

There's just something about the ocean and a big beach that's good for the soul.

We soaked up every last minute before heading back to Texas.  It was so hard to say goodbye!

No comments:

Blog Archive