Friday, March 3, 2017

Open House

Show-Off Night!  
The kids get super excited about this evening every year.  
They are so eager to show us all that they have been working on in school.


The Three Musketeers and I started off in the First Grade hallway.
Sometimes, they can all be so sweet to each other!

Lila's group project on the sun was the first thing she wanted me to look at.
First graders did this!  I'm impressed.

She had lots and lots of art work, 
including this "If I were President" piece that was displayed in the hallway.

She was most proud of her first-ever research project.  She chose to do it on the Milky Way.  I think she's fascinated with space!  She wrote two full pages on it, and created this entire poster board on her own.  Way to go, kiddo!


These girls have all learned a great deal from their amazing teacher.
And they are doing pretty cool art projects, too.  Check out the self-portraits, complete with shadows behind them.


Next up, 4th grade with this kid.  He didn't have nearly as much to show us, but this drawing was on of my faves.  For a kid who used to despise art, he's come a long way!  This is now on display in our house:)

Jackson has been in the accelerated program for a few years now, and he is loving the challenge.  He created his own website this past week and also learned how to program a robot!  He demo'd it for us by typing in the code for this remote control car and then executing it on the ground.  Very cool.

His buddy Brody is in PACE with him, which I like.  These boys really enjoy school--I'm so thankful for that.  I love that they are learning real-world skills, too.  I'm 36 years old and I don't have the slightest clue how to create a website or write a code for a robot car!

This kid simply can't wait until it's her turn to go to elementary school.
She asked again while we were walking in the halls, "when can I go to this school, Mama?  I really want to go to school with Lila."
Soon enough, my child.  Soon enough!


No comments:

Blog Archive