Thursday, July 9, 2015

Just Say No

Time to sit back and relax.  Yep, I know.  I am guilty of being on the go a lot with our kids.  Sometimes, though, in order to preserve my sanity, I am learning to say no.  No, I am not going to take Jackson to three more camps this month.  No, I am not going to sign Lila up for gymnastics camp.  No, we are not going to be able to make that birthday party because we are really (really!) hoping that our pool will be open this weekend...and I want this weekend to be all about celebrating with our family.   
 
So how did our first week of "No" go?  Well, take a look at their faces.  They look pretty happy to me!  Smiles all around at a friends' house on Sunday afternoon.  What is more fun that good friends, the sun and a pool?  Not too much in our book!

Throw a slide into that mix and you've got some very happy peeps.

My little alligator loves the water, not so much the towel:)

Dinner outside, too?  Yes, please!
 
Saying no to other things allowed us to finally make it to the Wylie Library.

All three were so into their book selections.  We left with 14 new books!  Jackson has been found reading in his room (and not on the Xbox), and Lila has been reading her stage 1 and 2 books every night before bed.  Score!
 

Saying no to football practice last night let us go to our first Ranger game of the summer. 
So great!  We bought the tickets for our dads as a Father's Day gift. 
 Boom, J and I took a rick-shaw to the Ballpark--a big hit!

Boom Pa and his buddy were smiling from ear to ear.

We got right up front for some autographs...

and it paid off!  Jackson got one on his glove.  Happy boy.
Saying no to practice also let me have some really great time with my oldest.  We toured the ballpark, scoped out the food, watched the players warm-up, and just enjoyed the heck out of being together. I love this kid.  So much.

Daddy met us before game time.  Let's play ball!
We had awesome seats 18 rows behind the Rangers dugout, so we could see all the action. 
Our team lost 7-4, but we still loved the night out.

Until next time!

Sometimes, you just gotta say "no" to enjoy the best parts of life. 



Blog Archive