Monday, May 4, 2015

Teacher Appreciation Week

Yours truly led the charge at Lila's preschool for teacher appreciation week again this year.  We went with an Eric Carle theme because he has written so many wonderful children's books.  There were plenty of days when I wasn't sure that it was going to all get done in time, but thankfully, it did! 
I had a team of six friends who all pitched in and we made sure the teachers felt the love.
 
On the form that went home I asked the parents to have their child complete the sentence, "My teacher is the best because..."  I was hoping that most of them would do it and they did.  We got lots of sweet responses (because she gives me hugs) and some silly ones too (cheese pizza) that left me wondering a little about that three year old! 

Lila said, "I love Mrs. Rains because she helps us pray and teaches us to be kind."  That right there was all the reassurance I needed that I was doing exactly what I should be doing.  Lila has been blessed by her teacher this year and preached kindness to the kids on a daily basis.  I just love the way she interacts with them, using love, not threats, to get to mind her and behave.  What a gem!

In preparation for our big week, another mom took class pictures for us.  They turned out so cute and really helped spruce up the teacher's lounge, don't ya think?

We decorated with some fun pom poms and Eric Carle books...

and even had a gift card display featuring illustrations from his most popular books.
 Monday morning, Mrs. Fleck, and all the other teachers, loved coming into school to see how festive it had become over the weekend.

 
They were greeted by this cute guy!
 


On Monday, we had the Very Hungry Caterpillar Lunch!  Jimmy John's catered the sandwiches and they also had chips and then cupcakes from Confection Perfection.  Yum!

On Tuesday, we had a popcorn bar featuring Crave Popcorn in three different flavors--Cheddar (10 Little Rubber Ducks), Puppy Chow (Dream Snow) and Confetti (Mixed Up Chameleon).  Lyndsie made the desserts and was able to hand paint the cover of each one of those books onto the cookies.  Amazing!  Sugar by Lyndsie rocks!

They ate the popcorn all week--the gift that just kept on giving!

On Wednesday, they feasted on a most delicious breakfast during their weekly morning meeting. Parents brought in fresh fruit, sausage rolls, homemade quiche, and donuts.  Starbucks donated pastries, as well as coffee, while Chick-fil-A donated chicken minis and cinnamon clusters.  I love it that all the local businesses helped support the teachers.  Very cool.

They did not go hungry this week, that's for sure:)

On Thursday, we had Fuzzy's cater a taco bar and asked parents to bring in dessert.  We had flan, tres leches, cheesecake and my favorite...

The Very Hungry Caterpillar cake!

Lila was so excited about this cake and all the teachers were, too.

These two teachers couldn't wait to dig in to the Mexican fiesta!

On Friday, we had our Summer Send-off.  Each teacher got a personalized mason jar, nail polish and a beach towel...

then they came on down to the breeze way for a Bahama Bucks snow cone!

  
Mrs. Rains was thrilled that so many of her kids were there serving up snow cones for the teachers.  She loves these kids and they love her. 

Whew!  I'm so glad the week went well. 
All the teachers loved it and we had fun making them feel special. 

No comments:

Blog Archive