Tuesday, July 1, 2014

High on Life

We are in full-on summer mode and livin' the life these days.  I gotta admit, it's been really nice.  I am loving not having a set schedule and things that we have to be at all the time.  I even had coffee on my back porch yesterday and enjoyed the heck out of it.  Jackson was practicing his chipping, Lila was puttering around the yard and Cami was sitting nicely in her Bumbo.  I was loving the nice, cool breeze and my caramel vanilla coffee.  It's the closest thing to "quiet time" that I have and I loved it. 
 

  Air Jordan made an appearance at Memaw and Poppi's the other night!  I was in need of some relief, so I called Shelley.  She said, "bring 'em over!" so I did.  The two big kids went swimming, while I got some retail therapy at the mall.  I picked out a sundress and new top and only had to pay $3 because used a gift card from my bday.  Thanks, Maria and Andrew!  Cameron slept the whole time I shopped, too, which was an added bonus.  When I got back, Air Jordan was there.  He had some mad dunks in that pool:)
 
We've enjoyed cheering on Team USA in the World Cup, too.  The kids love doing the team chant - I believe that we will win!

We had lunch at Chick-fil-A the other day after VBS and all the moms said yes to ice cream afterwards.  Score for the kids!

A few weeks ago, Jackson tried his hand at bike riding again.  And guess what?  He did great!  He's a total pro and has riden his bike all the way to the park and back with us.  Finally!


Maddie and Jackson have been begging to go to another Rangers game this season and they went with Gigi and Boom the other night.  They had great seats, ate everything in sight, and came home with a couple souvenirs, too.

It sprinkled on them a little bit, but the storm pretty much missed the Ballpark by the time they got there.  Thank goodness!
 
 
On Friday, we went to an impromptu happy hour play date.  Mandy texted me that afternoon, saying that she knew it was hard for me to do last minute plans, but that we were invited to come on over after nap time.  I sure did load up my kids and we arrived there around 5:00.  They had a ball--trampoline time, swing set fun, water slides and popsicles, too.
 
Even with 9 kids, I actually got to chat with these three friends.  Amazing!  Thanks, Mandy, for feeding us all, too.  You're awesome, girlfriend:)
 
 
Our weekend ended with doing a little prep work for Disney World.  Lila looks precious in her Cinderella dress and cannot wait to wear it to the castle.  And we found her baby Tinkerbelle costume that fits Cameron now.  So cute!

No comments:

Blog Archive