We hope everyone had a very happy heart day yesterday! We sure do love us some valentines around here. We started the celebrations a day early with a party at Lila's school.
 |
| Cameron stayed home with Gigi so that I could enjoy this fun time with my big girl. |
 |
| She got to do crafts, play games and even got to decorate this yummy sugar cookie. |
 |
| When we got home that afternoon, we got two really neat surprises. The kids got goody bags from Gigi and then the doorbell rang and we received the prettiest red roses from Boom Pa! We felt so very special! |
 |
| Ha! No worries, she did not get botox injections. It's just her lip sucker:) |
 |
| Valentine's Day began bright and early the next morning. Lila woke up at 5:15 and was so excited that she just couldn't fall back asleep. Good thing the mamacita had put out their gifts the night before! They loved their books, treats and cards from us, Aunt Glenda and Papaw and Granny. J man picked out his red Rangers shirt to wear and he and his daddy were out the door by 7am so they could make it to Donuts with Dad at school. |
 |
| Lila loved her new jammies from Gigi and was doubly excited when she saw that they came with a matching gown for her baby doll. Score! |
 |
| A little while later, Daddy surprised us girls at home. He walked in with a bouquet of flowers and met me as I was coming down the stairs. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to be his valentine. Love it. Then he told us that he was off to work and left again. But a minute later he was back in the house and had another bouquet of beautiful pink tulips. He came up behind Lila, got down on his knee again and asked her if she would be his valentine, too. Not gonna lie, I teared up a little bit. |
 |
| She was over the moon with happiness and has not stopped talking about how much she loves her flowers! I hope he sets the bar really high for her and she always expects to be treated well by any boy vying for her love. So thankful she's got such a good daddy. |
 |
| The kids had worked on making valentine's all week long. My very favorite is the one Lila made all by herself for Baby Cami. It says "I love you Cameron" and she does. Very much. |
 |
| My sweet cousin Leslie had mailed Cameron this adorable Valentine onesie a few weeks ago. I was so happy to see that it fit so well and Cami could be so festive all day that we just had to take a pic and send it to Leslie. Thank you! |
 |
| After a busy morning of gym for Lila, we had some very special visitors come over. Papaw and Granny were both feeling good and were finally able to come see Baby Cameron! I visited with them for a few hours and then was off to Jackson's party at school. |
 |
| He was all smiles the whole time, too! He got to eat a cookie and play some games... |
 |
| including a hershey kiss relay race, which he loved. |
 |
| After we brought all of his loot home from school, our house looked like Cupid lived here! |
 |
| We had baked cake balls for the grandprents and already delivered them, but we couldn't let the day get away without visiting Meme, too. She was so happy to see us and I think our chocolates were a hit. She was even a good sport about wearing bunny ears! |
 |
Snuggles with one of my loves!
We met Daddy at home for dinner and tried our darndest to have a special dinner catered by Pappadeaux. But alas, it was not to be. Cami cried the whole time, I had to feed her halfway thru the meal, when I finally got to my mahi mahi it was cold, and then the big kids just started running circles around the house. Romantic it was not! But it's real life. And I still love all four of them more today than I did yesterday.
|
1 comment:
So sweet...all of it!
Post a Comment