Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Raingutter Regatta

This week I got to attend not one, but two, Raingutter Regattas.  On Monday night, I went up to school with Miss Madison.

We built this cool sailboat...

and then took it outside to see how well it would sail.  Turns out we're a pretty good team!

After we sailed our ship, we got to go back inside and decorate a cookie.  They were delicious and definitely our favorite part of the night.

Tonight, it was time for J and mom to head up to school.  We began the night just like the one before and made our sailboat.  By this time I was a seasoned pro, so no need to even get out the directions:)  We had our boat assembled and decorated in no time at all.

We took it out to sail the high seas, but it didn't fair so well!  This is what happened whenever Jackson tried to sail it.  Hmmm--did I miss a step??

After a few failed attempts with the boat, this is where I found Jackson.  Possibly the highest place in the playground.  The kid loves to climb on anything.  Ahoy!

At least we were successful at decorating and consuming our cookies:)

After our dessert, we went back to his classroom for my favorite part of the night.  The kids presented their parents with these lovely bouquets, full of crafts that they had worked hard on all last week.  My little guy made me a butterfly pin (on blue paper because he knows that's my favorite color) with his picture in the center, a painted butterfly made out of his hand prints (it says "Happy Mother's Day Love, Jackson" on the back), and a book.  The book is illustrated and written by him.  Impressive! 

Here are few exerpts from his first short story, My Mom:

My mom cooks the best...pasta.
My mom and I like to... throw a baseball.
My mom always says... I love you.
My mom is beautiful because she... wears dresses.
My mom really loves... quiet.
My mom's favorite clothes to wear are... pj's.

How cute is that?!
I am blessed to know him and get to love on him every day.  I should probably do more of it now, while he'll still let me.

No comments:

Blog Archive