Friday, May 11, 2012

Firsts

Thursday was a really big day for all of us, especially J man.  He had two "first" things happen to him and we were so happy for him.
Earlier in the day, the big kids had their teeth cleaned at the dentist and got great reports.  No cavitites!  Hooray!

That was good, but J's big news for Dr. Smart was that he lost his first tooth about an hour before we got there!  I could hardly believe it.  I was thinking we still had another year before I was the mom of a precious little snaggletoothed boy.  Nope.  He is growing up way too fast. 

I'm thinking that losing a tooth was his lucky charm, because he did awesome in his game.  His first time up to bat the bases were loaded.  He knocked the ball to left field and made a grand slam!  Yes, his first homerun of the season was a grand slam.  All of his fans were going beserk...especially his mama!  I had tears in my eyes as I saw him round 3rd base and head for home.  He had been talking all day about how he was going to hit a homerun, "just like Josh Hamilton." He helped the Cubs extend their winning streak to 10 and they remain undefeated.  Go Cubs!

After hitting the showers when we got home, J climbed into bed with his baby tooth safely tucked into the dino tooth fairy's pouch.  He was really excited about the tooth fairy coming during the night, and so were his giddy parents.

When he woke up this morning, he found a $5 bill.  What a nice tooth fairy he has! 

It was crazy hat day at school, so he wore his goofy jamaica braids that his Uncle Scott and Aunt Lyndsie gave him.  I'm sure he's been on cloud 9 all day.  I can't wait to hear about how much fun he had showing off his missing tooth and looking like Bob Marley.

No comments:

Blog Archive