Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

We started off the day with a bang at our house.  The kids and my sweet hubby got me this bike for Mother's Day!  How the kids kept a secret like this, I'll never know.

The newest bicycle gang in Murphy, Texas.

We are a force!

After a quick spin around the block, we got back to work on our brunch.  Soon after, I was ready to toast my mama.  We had a fabulous meal and then enjoyed playing the Wii with everyone.

Even though it was Mother's Day, Lila was all about her daddy.  She just climbed up in his lap and snuggled until she melted his heart.  Completely.

After hanging out indoors, we went back out to ride bikes.  Boom took my bike for a spin...

and Gigi did, too.  Thank goodness nobody crashed!

But the best kodak moment was when Gigi rode Jackson's hot wheels bike!

Meme was there, too, and got to watch all of the shenanigans from the shade.  After riding bikes, we went out back and played ball.  Lots and lots of ball.  After an hour I think even #32 was worn out. 
I know his mama was.
 
After both girls napped and the rest of us just chilled, we headed over to Memaw and Poppi's for an afternoon celebration.  The girls immediately ran to the treehouse and asked Memaw to join them.

These two bopsy twins even went down the slide together.  Lila said it was, "so fun, mom!"

While the girls were sliding, J was playing more ball.  He even blew out a flip-flop, but that didn't slow him down a bit.

All the Hays boys treated us so well. 
They grilled chicken, sausage and corn and everything was wonderful.

These two hungry bears were being so sweet with one another. 
My wish was for them to all get along on Mother's Day and I got it! 

After dinner, we dined on some fabulous cupcakes.  Aunt Lyndsie handled the baking duties and made tiramisu and chocolate cupcakes.  They were divine.

Before our baseball game began, I snapped a shot of Mama Hays and all of her boys. 
She did a good job with these three.  My hat is off to her.

We had just enough time to squeeze in a little ball before we had to leave for the night. 
It was a great way to end a really great day.  Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who helped make it so special.  I felt the love!

No comments:

Blog Archive