Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Miss Thang

Lila pretty much missed her nap yesterday and did surprising well all day.  She was this close to falling asleep in her high chair at 6:30, but an iced sugar cookie saved the day!

Even though she slept for 11 hours last night, without interruption, she is still struggling today.  All of that tiredness made her sassy side come out and stay out.  She was such a little diva that it just made me laugh.  Here's a few quotes from Miss Thang today.

While driving in the car:
Lila: Don't talk to me.
Me: Why not?
Lila: Just cause.

Lila: I want this snot out. It's buggin' me.

When we got home, she asked me to lay down with her in my bed.  It was only 9:30am.  Think she was tired?  I told her that we could do that and then we snuggled up in my bed and I laid my head (gently) on her shoulder.  She patted me for a minute and then said, "Get off now.  Pat me.  You're too big for me hold."  She was done with laying down after about 30 more seconds, so we left my room in search of something else. 

When she suggested turning on some music, I did.  We danced and sang for a little while and she was all smiles.  A few minutes later, though, no good. 

Lila: I don't want your singing.  That's enough.

Needless to say, she fell asleep at 11:20 with not much fight at all.  Hopefully she'll sleep for a few hours and wake up in a much better mood!

Blog Archive