Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Icy Week

While it has been absolutely frigid outside these past two days, we have been hanging out quite a bit indoors. Jackson has been really good--I know he's probably verging on stir crazy today--and we've all enjoyed having Jared home from work. I don't think he's ever had two snow days in a row! Here's a little touch of what we've been up to...

Lila recently discovered stairs! Her big brother has been great about staying right behind her while she tackles this new task. He's there "just in case" she falls, is what he tells me.
After all that stair climbing, J decided it was time for some drawing. His daddy printed out pictures of a plane and car and then drew them on his dry-erase board. Pretty good, I think!

While our day had a few tears (no nap will do that to a 10 month old),


it also had lots of smiles. Look how happy sweet girl is to be playing in her new "house" that she got from Gigi and Boom for Christmas. A snow day seemed like the perfect time to work on a project, so Jackson and I put it together for her yesterday.

This afternoon Jared simply could not take being inside anymore, so he decided to try his hand at breaking the ice on our driveway. As soon as Jackson saw him out there he insisted that I get him all bundled up so that he, too, could shovel some ice and snow!

The kid loves to work! I figure a few minutes in 20 degree weather won't kill him. Afterall, he does have on a long sleeve shirt, fleece, hooded jacket, sweatpants, jeans, toboggan and gloves!


No comments:

Blog Archive