Sunday, February 20, 2011

Birthday Bash

The four year mark has come and gone. Jackson has been wished Happy Birthday many, many times! We had his birthday party at ASI Gymnastics yesterday afternoon.

I was so happy to get at least one fam pic of our crew before the madness began.
The kids kicked off the party with some tramp time, which was a big hit.

Jackson did take a timeout, though, to welcome one of his girlfriends, Mia, to his party!

While the big kids were jumping and running, Lila practiced her crawling and climbing skills.


She spotted Mia's little brother and crawled right over to say hello, just grinning the whole way.


There were lots of little boys at the party, but here's a pic with J and most of the girls:)

After tramp time, they went over to swing into the pit. Jackson loved this...


and took lots of turns doing it. It took a few tries to get the timing right. The first time he dropped too late and ended up right back where he started on the mat!


Miss Maddie was next and got her share of the pit fun, too.


The huge grin says it all:)

While the big kids played, Memaw hung out with Lila. She did some good crawling up these stairs.


"Well Hello Simeon!" Looks like she found another suitor at the top!



After flirting with Simeon Martinez, she spotted Sawyer across the floor. Thank goodness she refrained from petting him this time!


I think we may need to install a pit in our next house. These kids would have stayed in there all day!

And I'm pretty sure the big kids may have wanted to hop on in, too.


Lila got tired of all that crawling and decided it was time to practice her forward roll. Good thing Gigi was there to spot her.


The last activity was the parachute...

and then it was time for some cake!


Jackson chose a Mickey Mouse theme for his party. Random since Mickey is not really one of his faves. He really liked the Mickey Mouse ears--I'm thinking this is what hooked him into choosing this theme--but when it came time to wear them at the party, he refused. Go figure. His head was a sweaty, hot mess, so maybe that had something to do with it!

Nothing says Happy Birthday like having your face covered in blue icing. He was so thrilled about it!

After chowing down on his cupcake and icing, he attacked his presents with a vigor. I'm pretty sure he got through opening them all in about five minutes.

I was in the middle of the present opening mania and honestly didn't even know who had Lila. I looked up to see her asleep on my mom's shoulder. Sweet girl just had so much fun and was worn plum out.


By the time we got home all three kids were asleep in the car. Only Madison stayed asleep, though. These two popped right up and had so much fun checking out all the new presents. Happy Birthday, Jackson. I can't believe you are really 4!!

No comments:

Blog Archive