Monday, February 14, 2011

Big Valentine's Day

Dear Valentine's Day,

You have worn me out! I have always enjoyed you. I think it's important to let the people you love most in the world feel special and appreciated. Not because Hallmark pushes you to do so, but because you genuinely like putting a smile on that person's face. But for real, this has been such a long day!

Jared and I quit going out to dinner on V Day a few years ago and now celebrate sometime during the weekend before the 14th. This year we kept things really low-key and went to dinner at A Taste of Italy. We had some yummy food, good dessert and shared a great bottle of Pinot. It really was perfect.



Right before we left I asked my mom to take a picture of us two. Before she could get the camera ready to roll, our biggest rugrat ran over and jumped in it!



This morning both the big kids were still asleep when Jared left for work, so he just got to cuddle with Miss Lila. She was all smiles for her daddy and loved her new baby doll.


When J and M woke up a few minutes later they found an array of Valentine's gifts. Since it was a school day, though, we had to get moving. So a few cinnamon donuts later I was rushing them upstairs to get dressed and out the door.



After we dropped off J at his class, Lila and I went to Madison's class with her. Their party was at 9:30, so we just stayed and played. Madison loved it that Lila sat at the princess table with her.



After a few little snacks, it was time for the good stuff--cupcake decorating! The kids got to spread pink icing on the cupcakes and then decorate them with sprinkles. All great things...although I'm pretty sure Madison would have been just as happy with a spoon and big dollop of icing!



This girl loves her some pink cupcakes:)



After running a few errands for J's birthday, Lila and I made it back to school to attend the party in Jackson's classroom. When we walked in the kids were already tearing into their treats. In between bites, J told me repeatedly how there was one cupcake left and that I could eat it if I wanted to. I finally had to tell him that I'd already had one at Maddie's party and that was probably enough for the day. Such a sweet boy to try and save it for his mama!



Lila was a big hit, as usual, with all of the girls. Peyton was especially interested in her today. Wonder if she's big brother's main girlfriend this week? Maybe trying to score some points with little sister?



After school, we stopped by Gigi and Boom's house to deliver their handmade cards. There were more presents waiting for them there. How fun!


Lila sure loved her little singing bear!



Maddie got Barbie and Ken and Jackson got this Mickey Mouse band set. This picture is wacky for many reasons--Madison was in a trance, I am sporting my Valentine's socks and Jackson has a ring pop in his mouth! Wow. Especially wow on my socks.


Our evening ended with a visit from Memaw and Poppi. They brought the kiddos some cool magic wands and cards with stickers in them. After such a big day only Lila was willing to pose for any more pictures, though.



I think Valentine's Day is about to rival Christmas. This is just out of control! I did somehow manage to keep the candy eating to a bare minimum. I'm sure they will dive into it tomorrow!

2 comments:

Lindsey Long said...

What a fun day! Kids make every holiday that much better! And I love your socks!

Hayley said...

Phew...sounds like a fun, yet exhausting day!

Blog Archive