Full of goofiness all the time. I took this crazy cat to the doc and he did so well. I was a proud mama!

Jackson's 4 year old check-up was yesterday and he passed with flying colors. He has 20/20 vision, did fantastic on the hearing test, and has a blood pressure of 94/59. She looked him over from head to toe and declared that he is as healthy as a horse.

After taking a few minutes to warm up to Dr. Betty, he was able to identify and draw the letters and numbers that she drew. He now can identify all the letters of the alphabet, uppercase and lowercase. He was then able to identify and draw a circle, square and triangle all very well. He told her his full name, complete with spelling "Jackson Hays, " and then wrote his first name for her. He counted to 59 for her and told her his ABC's at the speed of light. He can now dress himself and buckle himself into his brand new booster seat, both nice perks for me! He can also do some small math problems, such as "If I have two apples and then someone gives me three more...how many do I have?" He thinks about it for a sec and then shouts "5!" I feel qualified to coach him at this stage in math. However, when he starts with the pre-cal, I will have to defer to his daddo! He can also read a few words: Lila, Jackson, Madison, Mom, Mommy, Stop, Go, Dad, Hays and Gigi, so Dr. Betty suggested that I buy some books in a series called
You Read to Me, I Read to You. We'll certainly give it a shot!
He is still at the top of the growth charts, coming in at 41 lbs (90%) and 43 inches tall (95%). At the end of the visit he had to get 3 shots and did not even shed a tear. He is so darn tough. It was still hard to watch, though. When we walked out of the doctor's office he got to choose a new Hot Wheel and then picked out 5 big stickers to take home with us and was very pleased with all of his prizes.
Perhaps my proudest recent moment came at the dinner table the other night when Jackson said, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16" I must say, I was not expecting something so profound!
I still can't believe that he is four...pretty soon I will have a kindergartener! And that will really be nuts.
1 comment:
I was telling Shelley on Tuesday how much I enjoy having Jackson in my class now at BSF! He is such a sweet, smart, well-mannered kid!
Post a Comment