My mom always said that there is nothing that can make you eat your words more than your children. Let's see if that's true for me....

I always said, "I will
never take a baby to a wedding." Hmmm...looks like Jackson attended his first one at a mere 3 months of age, and for that matter, Lila went to one when she was 6 months old. Moving on...

"My child will
never sleep in the same bed as me." Oops! That has happened more than a time or two. In fact, just last night Jared and I shared our bed with Jackson for the majority of the night. He got half of it and we got the other half.

But perhaps my biggest proclamation yet was, "I will
never drive a minivan! NEVER." And what do you see here, friends? Yes, that would be me in the driver's seat of a Honda Odyssey. For those of you who have not yet been in the market for a larger car, the Odyssey is a minivan, no two ways around it. Looks like I just ate some more of my words.
You were right, mom, you were right.
3 comments:
Hey, if you're gonna drive a minivan, I hear that's the one to drive;) I have several friends that drive it and love it!
Ha! Loved this post! So true!
Oh, I just love this post. It's SO TRUE. And actually, the joke in our family is that certain things happen or our child behaves a certain way because Hubby spent the majority of HIS life talking about what his kids would & would not do, about what he'd allow & would not allow.... Thanks, Hubby!
Your post, though----oh.so.true!
Post a Comment