Today's original plan:
8:15 : Wake up Jackson, feed him breakfast, get him dressed for school
9:00: Drop him off at school
9:30: Take Tyson to the vet
10 - 2: Workout, run errands, eat lunch, basically enjoy my few hours of freedom!
2:30: Playdate with Hunter and Carole
What actually happened:
8:15: Go in to wake up Jackson and find throw-up in his bed. I asked him what it was and he told me "poopy." I'm pretty sure he just said that, though, because he had a poopy diaper. I strip him down, change his diaper and take the sheets off the bed. I then see that some vomit is actually in his hair, so off we go to the bath.
8:30: After refusing to eat any of his pancakes, he takes two bites of a banana and drinks half a glass of milk. Appoximately 1 minute later, it all comes back up. Yikes!
8:40: I call the school to let them know that he won't be there and then call Jackson's Memaw to see if she can watch him for a few minutes while I take our dog to the vet.
9:30: At the vet with Tyson. I had to leave the little guy so that they could run some tests. Just heard back and there are all sorts of things wrong with him. I seriously feel like we have been the worst dog parents now b/c we don't really pay too much attention to them anymore.
11:30: Called Carole to cancel our playdate
12:00: Gave Jackson a piece of toast, sprite and some pedialyte spiked with cherry kool aid (otherwise, Pedialyte gets a big fat "no thank you.")
12:30: Changed another super poopy diaper
3:30: Just heard back from the vet. Tyson has high cholesterol, low thyroid (which has made him gain weight), and an infection in both eyes, with possible glacoma in one of them. She said that we may need to take him to an eye doctor. Oh my! Who even knew there were doggie eye doctors? Hopefully some antibiotics and eyedrops will be able to cure all of this and he'll be feeling better very soon.
Just one of those days, I guess. Surely tomorrow will be better and less poopy, I hope! Hope the little guy feels MUCH better after his nap today:)
4 comments:
Poor guy! I hate those throw-up days...not any fun to clean up. And it always seems to happen when you have a million things to do! Hope he feels better soon..
Stomach bugs are no fun! I hope this is a quick one and Jackson is all better tomorrow!
We were sad to miss the playdate and we hope Jackson feels better really soon!
BTW, my in-laws' dog goes to the doggy eye doctor if you need a reference:)
What a day! I hope tomorrow is better and Jackson feels better!
Post a Comment