Thursday, February 5, 2009

Italian Chicken & Vegetable Soup

My friend Hayley gave me this recipe the other day and it was so delicious that I just had to share. Hope you all like it as much as we did!

Ingredients:
1 Roasted chicken or 3 chicken breasts (roasted chicken is easier since you don't have to boil it...just take off the skin and cut it into bite size pieces)
3 zucchinis
1/2 small bag of carrots, diced
1/2 onion, diced (I just get the pre-diced onion)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cans diced tomatoes with basil and oregano
2 cans chicken broth (14 1/2 oz)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Saute the carrots in the olive oil on medium heat for 10 min.
2. Add the chicken, zucchinis and diced onion and saute until all veggies are soft. You might need to add a little more olive oil.
3. Add tomatoes, chicken broth and minced garlic
4. Bring to a boil, then turn to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Add cheese after you put soup into your individual bowls.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lindsey Long said...

Yum! I'll definitely try this. We love soups!

Lindsey Long said...

I made this tonight and it was so good. Healthy, easy and makes a lot. If you have any other reciprs please share!

Blog Archive