Tuesday, April 25, 2017

It's Great to be a Hunt Hound

This past weekend was full of fun with school friends.

Friday was Walk to School Day.  For some reason, the kids love this!  It means getting ready early, but they think it is really neat.  They met lots of other friends at Tucker and Brentley's house and all walked together. 
  
Friday night was school night at the Frisco Rough Riders baseball game.  The weather forecast was dicey, but we decided to chance it, and I'm so glad we did.  
A few showers and lightning don't scare us!
Lila invited Reagan and Jackson took Ben.
When we arrived, the sun was shining and it was a gorgeous afternoon.

We found Malee and then immediately were greeted by one of the mascots.  So cool!

By game time, many more friends were there, like Madison...

Brandon and Brody.  Our section filled up and everyone had a fantastic night.

We enjoyed the amazing lightning show and were so happy that they didn't call off the game.

The rain held off until half-way through the 7th inning.  We wished the Rough Riders good luck for the rest of the night and made a run to our car.  Just in time, too!
Early the next morning, we were at the Murphy Middle School 5K Color Run.  Jackson and his buddies were racing in it--it was much colder than we expected!  These boys are tough, though.
They started out by throwing color packets all over one another...

  and then took their place at the starting line.  On your mark.  Get set.

GO!!! Their group was at the very front, 

and took off in a dead sprint.  Oh my!  I was sure hoping Jackson would pace himself!  This was his very first timed race, so we really didn't know what to expect.


I shouldn't have been surprised when I saw him sprinting towards the finish line, but I was!  I hollered, "Oh my gosh, is that Jackson?!"  He finished 12th out of about 500 racers, of all ages.  This kid is so good at all athletic events--he amazes me!  He ran the 5K in 23 minutes and 30 seconds.  Pretty respectable for his first race!

He said he started sprinting when he saw the finish line, but paced himself the rest of the way.
His strategy worked.  I was so proud of him!

This trio was so impressive.
Blake came in a tad behind Jackson and then Tucker followed a minute later.  

A few minutes later, Gage and Caleb crossed the finish line...and shenanigans started when Gage brought out even more color packets!

Way to go, Hunt Hounds!  Y'all are awesome.

No comments:

Blog Archive