Friday, May 6, 2016

The ABCs of Cami

All about Cameron--she's growing up way too fast right in front of our eyes.  She is funny and smart.  The perfect combo, in our humble opinion!  She will tell you that she's also cute and strong--modest has not yet been mastered.  Being able to hang out with this little spitfire is one of the greatest joys of my life.  While I was getting ready this morning, she treated me to a tap dance.  How can you not love that?  She joined me at lunch today with a friend and was SO entertaining.  She asked Jenny, "so, how was your weekend?"  And then she showed her The Cami--Cameron's signature dance move that is sure to take over once it gets discovered.  Jenny loved it!  She then proceeded to tell Jenny all about our upcoming trip to the beach.  She said she will "splash in the water, look for crabs with my flashlight, and play in the sand."  This girl always has big plans.

She is becoming more girly by the day--often spraying my perfume on herself and wearing one of my necklaces around the house.  I asked her if she would like to wear a sundress today and after we put in on, I held her up in front of the mirror.  She was so pleased with it, that she stood on the bathroom counter and swayed around, saying, "it's so pretty!"

The baby days are definitely fleeting, and though she still loves to snuggle, the times that I rock her to sleep are getting much less frequent.  It's such a bittersweet time.  I love that she's becoming more independent, but y'all, that's my baby!  

Cameron Nicole, you are one of God's most precious creations and I simply adore you.  I treasure every single one of your hugs and kisses.  You are full of love and bring out the biggest smiles from everyone in our family.  Now if only we could get you to sit in your seat during meal times, we'd be set!  Oh well, I guess it's always good to have goals. I have no doubt that one day you'll turn into a little lady that lunches at Chocolate Angel, just like the big sister you look up to.   

No comments:

Blog Archive