Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Recital Night

School, Field Day, shower, power nap (for me!), hair and make-up and then Recital Night.  Whew!  It was a really, really big day.  For all of us.  By 7 pm we were in the audience and ready for the show to begin.  We watched the Company dancers do their 15 routines, listened to Miss Elizabeth's welcome, then watched a slide show of the girls.
By 7:45 it was finally showtime!

This girl was SO ready to get on that stage.

We found her page in the program with some of her best friends.  Love them!

I simply ADORED her sequined costume!

These two were the shining stars for their Hey Mickey tap routine.  Mandy and I were SO proud of them! They had practiced very hard all week and it showed.
They knew every step and had the biggest smiles during the whole song. #nailedit


During intermission, Lila got lots of hugs and well wishes from some of her fan club.

Cousin Madison was super-excited to watch Lila. It's so cool how much they support each other.  I was sitting next to Maddie during the show and she could hardly contain her excitement as Lila was walking onto the stage. 

After Lila's jazz routine to Bippity Boppity Boo, we met her in the lobby and showered her with flowers.  Great job, sweet girl!

Memaw and Poppi were so proud of her...

and so were Madison, Gigi and Boom.

I'm pretty sure that her brother, daddy and I were the most proud, though.  We had seen her work so hard and reach her goals.  What more could you ask for?  Way to go, our little dancing queen!

No comments:

Blog Archive