Sunday, February 7, 2016

I hate you, strep throat.

On our craziest day this week, my youngest woke up just a little too warm.  When she went back to sleep in my arms at 9am, I knew something wasn't right.
When I took her temperature, it was 103 degrees.  Poor baby girl.  I got it to go down a few degrees, and all her little body wanted to do was sleep in my arms.  So that's exactly what we did.

Three hours later, it had gone back up--getting over 104 at one point, and then back down again. My heart just broke for her.  By 2:00, I realized there was no way that I could take Jackson and Ben to football practice, nor Lila to dance.  Ben's mom offered to take the boys for me, and Memaw said she could take Lila.  Thank goodness for good people!  We went to the doctor the next day and found out that stinky strep throat was the culprit.  After a couple doses of omnicef, she was SO much better.  Laughing, running, and playing again.  Hooray for modern medicine!

A bonus is that I read half of Amy Poehler's new book, as well as the latest People Magazine. And I got tons of sweet snuggles.  The best moment, though, was hearing my angel baby say "I feel bedder, mommy!" on Friday afternoon. 

No comments:

Blog Archive