Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Neighborhood Love

We've been talking for weeks about baking some goodies and delivering them to our neighbors.  It always sounds like a good idea until I try to make 6 dozen cookies with three kids!  During dinner time.  But alas, we finally bit the bullet and made the chocolate chip cookies last night.  It was challenging, and had a high degree of stress thanks to a mostly hollering 10 month old, but I'm so glad that we persevered!  The cookies turned out great and we hope they are enjoyed by all.
 
We attached a little note to each bag of cookies and took them around to our neighbors today.  It was a good chance to talk to the kids about why we're thankful for nice people that live near us, and we got to catch up with some neighbors that we hadn't seen in a while.

I do think I had the cutest two delivery service workers around town!


When we got to the last house on our street we just had to take a picture with Ms. Gay's adorable sign!

Ms. Gay didn't mind one bit and in fact had many goodies for us!  She made us a sock-it-to-me bundt cake, some peanut butter cookies, popcorn and homemade salsa.  Love this sweet lady!
Maybe one day I'll bake that much:)

No comments:

Blog Archive