Monday, May 12, 2014

Love your Mama

My first mother's day with my mom was pretty close in this picture.  Not sure I showed her how much I loved her back then, but I hope I've made up for it by now!
Thank you, mom, for every long day and night you spent with a crying baby.  Thank you for all the cuddles and the sweet hugs.  Thank you for making my breakfast and lunch every single day for 18 years.  (I still have a deep love for cinnamon toast!)  Thank you for always being the room mom and volunteering at my school.  Thank you for bringing my shoe to school one day when I accidentally packed two left ones.  Thank you for teaching me how to be a good friend.  Thank you for never missing a game I cheered at or game I played in.  Thank you for always having my back!Thank you for teaching me how to cook and preparing me to live on my own when I moved to Austin.  Thank you for caring enough to surprise me on Bid Day at the Tri Delt house!  Thank you for giving me a gift every day for the 30 days before my birthday one year.  Thank you for throwing me my first surprise party when I turned 31! Thank you for being supportive throughout my three pregnancies and for taking care of our kids like they were your own.  You are a fantastic Gigi and they adore you for good reason.  Thank you for making me feel like I am one of your most treasured loves.  You are one of my very favorite people on this earth. 

She learned from one of the best.  I've heard that my meme was sometimes the only person who could get me to stop crying.  She's just got a very comforting way about her.  I love her so much and am thankful that my kids get to grow up knowing her, too.

Mother's Day dawned bright and early and these two guys were up and at 'em.  They delivered Starbucks and flowers to Memaw before she left for church.

So sweet--they make me proud.
The boys came home around 7:45 and brought me a very nice Toffee Nut Mocha.  The perfect way to begin the day.  Jared made blueberry muffins and they gave me some new jammies and a beautiful gold necklace.

My favorite gifts, though, were the ones that they made me.  Jackson made this cool card that says "My love for you grows and grows and grows." 

He also wrote me a poem called Just Because.  It goes like this: I love my mom, shall I tell you why?  Because she heels me right up when I have a skinned knee or a broken bone.  Because she plays sports like baseball, basketball and all well, pretty much every sport!  Because she plays video games with me like Madden NFL 25 and a lot of other games.  Because she is the best MOM every!  Just because--that's why I love her!

A few things about this poem are funny to me. 
1.  He's never had a broken bone
2.  I've never played Madden 25 with him!  I've played Wii plenty of times, but no Madden NFL.  Think this is a not-so-subtle hint??

 He was so proud of everything and I appreciated his hard work:)

No idea why this won't turn, but Lila made me a card, complete with a drawing of me and her on the front.  I love it.  She also said that I am the best at making spaghetti, Farmer's Beans, macaroni, green beans and noodles.  Looks like I'm pretty solid on at least a few things!


After breakfast, bathing a few kids and myself, getting everyone dressed and ready, we went out back for our annual Mother's Day photo shoot.

Our photographer captured some great shots!


I am loved by this sweet boy...

this fiercely independent little girl...

and their adorable baby sister.  What more could I ask for?


We met my mom, dad, Madison and all of the Hays's at Brio for a late lunch.  I was so happy to get to hug this sweet lady's neck!

Everything was going well for a while.  We had a nice waiting area outside and thought we'd be seated around 2:00. 
 
 
 
Well, 2:00 came and went and baby girl started to get hungry.  No problem--trusty mom got out the bottle, got it warmed up and we were good to go.  I even let Lila feed her until the hostess came and told us that our table was finally ready.  Hallelujah!
 

A full hour after we arrived, we finally got our room.  The girls were so happy with their flatbread pizza and lemonade.

We had a large square table, making it so easy to chat with Lyndsie, Scott, Jackson, Andrew...

Shelley, Warren...


Boom and Gigi.  We thought all was well at first.  The appetizers came and they even brought the kids' food.  Even baby Cameron went to sleep and I laid her down in her carseat.


I knew it was going to be a Mother's Day Miracle if I got to get without holding a baby.  And it would have been, if only our food had come!

But instead we waited.  And waited.  Finally, Jackson started writing messages on his kid menu that said, "Help! Need Food!" and posting it on our door for all to see.  An hour and a half later, around 3:45, our food finally arrived.  Insane.  I was totally rethinking my plan to go out to lunch.  I'm sorry to all who went along with it! 

I was thankful that we got to see our mamas, though, and the kids were thankful that they got to see these adorable baby ducks.  We learned our lesson.  There's no place like home:) 

I am so thankful for every single hug I got yesterday.  Jackson told me at least 7 times that I am the BEST mom ever.  I'm thankful for my mom, who has taught me so much about how to raise my own kids.  I'm thankful for my mother-in-law for raising an amazing man who I get to share my life with.  I've always adored how much he loves and respects his mother.  But most of all, I'm thankful that I have three little souls that call me mom.  They fulfill every part of my being. I was born to be their mother, and I love them more than they will probably ever know. 
 They are the treasure of my life. 

Happy Mother's Day! 

1 comment:

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

What a beautiful post! You are one lucky girl but I know you already know that! :)

Blog Archive