Yesterday was my first field trip in probably 15 years. I was so excited!
 |
| These four wild Indians made up my group--Jackson, Caleb, Apia and Gage. Did I mention that they were excited?? We left school around 9:15 and arrived at a park in Preston Hollow around 10. |
 |
| Everyone had brunch and then we let the kids run and play. |
 |
| Shortly thereafter we arrived at the Dallas World Aquarium. How fun are field trips? It took a lot of planning, but I was so happy that I pulled it off. |
 |
| These two anteaters were the first animals we saw. They are so ugly, but very interesting to watch! |
 |
| Right across from the anteaters were the cutest little monkeys--and one even had a baby on her back. SO CUTE! |
 |
| We saw the Alligator... |
 |
| and otter... |
 |
| and we even found a baby crocodile, too. |
 |
The alligator probably impressed our team of boys the most, though.
See him chillin' right behind them? |
 |
| It was so cool feeling like we were inside a rain forest...that is, until I realized that a bird had pooped on my shirt! |
 |
| Thank goodness our next stop was the dark part of the aquarium. We saw tons of huge catfish, turtles and sting rays. |
 |
| I think our favorite was the manatee, though. |
 |
| Check him out--he was just floating around on a little boogey board:) |
 |
| Everyone was a little surprised to see a scuba diver in this tank! |
 |
| But he wasn't quite as much fun to watch as these cool sharks. |
 |
| I don't think J liked this one sneaking up behind him. |
 |
| The boys were not that impressed with the flamingos and were off and running before we knew it. |
 |
| They liked watching the penguins much more, I think. It probably had something to do with climbing on the rails. What is it with rails and 7 year old boys? It was like moths to a flame. They had no choice but to climb up. Everywhere. |
 |
| Aren't they cute? |
 |
By the time we made it to the end, Sandy and I were both exhausted! We were patting ourselves on the back for not losing a kid, and trust me, that could have happened. We called it a successful field trip, though, and the boys had a blast.
Happy Field Trip Day! |
No comments:
Post a Comment