Monday, May 20, 2013

Summer's knocking on the door!

Poppi called Saturday morning and told us that the pool was open at his house.  "Really?" was my reaction, but he insisted that it was warm enough to swim. 

Turns out our kids are tougher than their mama.  I stuck my feet in, but that's as far as I got!  I am most definitely a "June Swimmer," as in, the water needs to be in the 90s!

While Jackson played water football with his daddy and Poppi, Lila was content to hang out on this float and chat with me and Memaw.

Jackson finally took a break from ball and made a makeshift chair out of two noodles.

Laid back and lovin' it.

After eating some delicious burgers and Mississippi Mud Cake outside, we found the kids cuddling on the couch.  They were worn out, for sure, but it was so sweet to see them together.  It was such a nice evening and we can't wait for summer to be here.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

I actually got in the pool Sunday...too bad we will have another cold front coming through this week. Sheesh!

That last picture is ridiculously adorable!

Blog Archive