Field Day--one of my very favorite memories from elementary school!
 |
| Jackson finally got to experience the greatness of it last Friday. We got up early and were ready to help set up by 7:20. |
 |
| They had a pep rally to get the kids pumped up before turning them loose outside. I don't think they really needed any more adrenaline, though. These kids were EXCITED! |
 |
| J's school pairs every Kindergartener with a 5th grader. Their buddies are there to help them navigate the 33 games and help them out. It's such a neat idea and I was really impressed with all of the 5th graders! When I found Jackson, he had already been through Water Limbo and Water Hopscotch. |
 |
| They set their sights on drier games and did this goofy one first. |
 |
| After each game, they ended with the school handshake. Too funny! |
 |
| Some of Jackson's favorites were the Tony Romo Toss... |
 |
| Home Run Derby... |
 |
| and tether ball! I used to love me some tetherball:) |
 |
| After completing 31 out of 33 games, it was time for the team competitions. First up, 4 way tug-of-war with his class. |
 |
| I had never seen 4 way tug-of-war, but it worked out pretty well. |
 |
| Jackson's team did great! I'm pretty sure they won, but a winner was never officially announced. That's one thing I was not a fan of--there were really no winners at all. Just participants! That's all well and good, but every kid loves a blue ribbon! |
 |
| J's teacher made it more fun, though, when he challenged the whole class to tug-of-war! |
 |
| Mr. Gomez gave it a good shot... |
 |
| but the kindergarteners were just too fierce! |
 |
| Next up was the Water Relay. This was so goofy. They had the kids run a short distance and then do 5 push-ups. The silly part, though, was that they got drenched with a watering bucket the whole time they were doing their exercises. It continued with sit-ups and then mountain-climbers, too! |
 |
| This little guy didn't seem to mind one bit, though! |
 |
| He and Wyatt were all smiles... |
 |
| and never saw Mr. Gomez sneaking up with the water hose. Oh my! |
 |
| They did a few more team games, like Quiddich, which was so funny to watch. |
 |
| After all that hard play time, the kids were ready to relax and enjoy their Bahama Bucks snowcones. |
 |
| What a fabulous first field day for J and his friends. It was his favorite day of school, for sure, and I'm so happy that I got to be there to see it through his eyes. Now I just need to work on getting some blue ribbons into the mix for next year! |
No comments:
Post a Comment