Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Monday at the Arboretum...

aka the best day to go there!  It was almost empty and the weather was gorgeous!

I was so glad that me and my little girl got to enjoy the outdoors with our good friends.

We met Sawyer and Hayley there around 10:30 and right away the kids took off running.  They ran everywhere.  Surely it was enough to surpass the 5K mark!

We found our way over to the giant slide, where we found Lila's friend, Caitlin, and her mommy.  How fun!  The girls were so happy to see each other and had a great time not having to share the slide with 100 other kids.  Ah, yes...the greatness of a Monday at the Arboretum.

When the one little class that was on a field trip there came over to the slide, we decided to go check out the big tee-pee.  Even though I told Lila what it was called at least 3 times, she refused to call it by the correct name.  Finally she just said, "I know it's a tee-pee, but I call it a TV."  And then just giggled.
Ok, sister.  Whatever floats your boat:)

After getting dir-tay inside the "TV" we headed over to see the lake.  It was so nice there that we just set up our picnic blanket and had some lunch.  There was a tiny breeze blowing and we had a great view of White Rock Lake.  Que romantica for these two future lovebirds!

After lunch, Sawyer wanted to run some more, but Lila just stayed and chatted with me.  We talked about all kinds of stuff and laughed at the birds trying to get our lunch.  One bird even succeeded when Lila turned her head.  He made off with half a sandwich, which she thought was very funny!

The kids ran some more and her cheeks got rosier by the minute.  We played hide-and-go-seek with these two rascals and enjoyed watching them just be silly.

Then Lila showed us her new trick!  Strong little thing, isn't she?

Thanks again, Hayley and Sawyer, for a great start to our week.

Lila Lou and I had a fantastic time!

1 comment:

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

I love that picture of the two of you... so cute!

Blog Archive