Monday, December 17, 2012

Sadie Mae

Saturday night we found our sweet Sade outside on the porch.  She was laying unusally still and I just knew that she wasn't alive anymore.  Even though she was 15 years old, we still weren't ready for it.  It was a hard night.  She was my dog--I'd gotten her for Christmas in 1997.  Jared adopted her right after we got married and she came to live with us in Lubbock.  She was high-spirited, to say the least, and tore up that rent house the first day we left her alone.  It really was like we lived the movie "Marley and Me."  It could just have easily have been "Sadie and Me," and it would have featured her chewing through door knobs, ripping up carpet, breaking out of her $250 steel cage and peeing in the middle of our bed whenever unexpected thunderstorms hit.  Ah yes, she was nuts.  She was terrified of any loud noises and despised fire works.  The 4th of July was not her friend! 

She was the craziest dog I've ever met, no doubt, but also the kindest, too.  She was the best dog EVER to have with kids because no matter what they did to her, she just let it go.  They could ride her like a pony or pull her tail and she'd just act like nothing strange was happening!  I hope she's having a ball in doggie heaven right now. We love you, Sadie girl.

3 comments:

The Clinton Family! said...

so sorry to hear this :( Sending yall prayers your way

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

I'm so sorry Crystal. I am certainly not looking forward to the day when our boys pass on to doggie heaven. We also got them when we were first married almost 10 years ago. Praying for y'all and I hope the kids are doing okay too.

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is soooo hard!

Blog Archive