Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Santa Rosa Review--Day 3

Monday morning we had a few showers, but very soon after the clouds moved out and the sun moved in.

One word--gorgeous!

While Madison, Lila and I took a little trip to Walmart (somehow we left Maddie's swimsuits in Texas), the other kids spent time in the pool outside our condo.  Teagan played water basketball with Jackson...

while Taylor and Daddy supervised the munchkins.  I guess the little guy overexerted himself during the water obstacle course because a few minutes later he was yaking all over the pool deck.  He came upstairs, had some tylenol b/c he was running a fever, took a good nap and was much better after he woke up.  No more fever the rest of the trip--hallelujah!  He was even ready for the beach that afternoon.  Such a trooper.

  I didn't match our swimsuits on purpose, but it did make for a cute picture, I think. 
The Hays girls love us some turquoise!


Miss Thang checking out the water temp.  Her assessment?  Positively perfect.

We spent time just chatting about the ocean...

and then were joined by Maria, Andrew, Scott and Lyndsie.

Later that afternoon I hopped on the towel for a pic with my sister-in-laws.  Let's get real, though.  There was really never laying out to be done by me!  Way too many kids to keep head counts on and such:)

Yay for our group photo!!  It was a treat to have our whole crew out there at the same time.  We usually met up around 4:00 every afternoon.  All the kids were done napping and the parents were ready to mix and mingle.  I miss this already!

Captain Price bought this boat and the kids loved it.  They went for many a ride in the wide open ocean.

Lila was not quite ready for the high seas. 
She was very content to sit in this sandy hole and watch from  the shore.

Our second beach day was a big success.  We ended it by going to dinner with the whole crew--yes, all 17 of us dined out.  It was an experience, especially with tired kiddos, but we made it! 

No comments:

Blog Archive