Sunday, August 26, 2012

Kindergarten, here we come!

Today is the last day before we start a brand new chapter in our life.  Somehow, someway, our little boy has grown up and is starting school in the morning.  I will refrain from getting all emotional just yet:)

We have been preparing for it all week.  First, I took him back to school shopping at Old Navy, Carter's and Dillard's. 

Once we got the clothes taken care of it was time to work on the shoes. 
The kid is now wearing a size 1!  Oh my!  His feet are huge.

Friday evening we went up to his school for Meet the Teacher.  It was a big day, for me and him.

He got to see his locker and practiced opening it a few times...

and he also got to meet his new teacher!  I'm hoping they will bond over a shared love of sports.

We were really impressed with the whole kindergarten area.  They share two big common areas and all of the classrooms are open with no doors on them. 

After we toured his room, we went to check out the rest of the school.  I predict the gym will be one of his favorite places this year.  They have P.E. four days a week, so he'll get to run around plenty.

Kindergarten, here comes the J man!  We hope you're ready!

1 comment:

Lindsey Long said...

I can't believe he's starting Kindergarten! I hope he (and you) have a great first day!

Blog Archive