Two years ago, God blessed our family with the sweetest baby girl I could have ever imagined. I always felt that I would have a baby girl, and thought that it would be wonderful. I had no idea how much she would steal my heart, though.
 |
| From day 1, shoot, from second 1, this little girl has had us wrapped around her tiny little finger. |
 |
| April 8th, 2010, was one of the very best days of my life. I had a pretty short and very easy delivery, and after only one push she was here! Miss Lila came into this world as a tiny little thing, weighing 6 lbs. 11 oz, with dark blue eyes and brown hair. I remember how sweetly her big brother talked to her the first time he saw her, saying "Hi Wiwa, I'm your big brudder." My heart just about exploded right then and there. |
 |
| Fast forward one year and she was still a dainty little thing with bright blue eyes and precious, now blonde, hair. She was just about ready to walk and always had a smile on her face. |
 |
| A year later, where did my baby girl go? Who is this toddler with beautiful blonde hair looking so old in my front yard? |
 |
| Her sweetness still radiates from her (most of the time!) and we just love her more every single day. |
 |
| This morning, Lila and I went to visit Dr. Betty for her 2 year check-up. Baby Megan got to come, too! |
 |
| Lila has grown so much. She weighs 25 lbs. 13.5 oz, putting her in the 35th percentile... |
 |
and is 35 inches tall, which puts her in the 85th percentile. Still long and lean. Maybe a future volleyball player or sassy runway model? I think I'll nudge her towards volleyball since I don't think I can handle that much sass! She's also a tough little cookie. She got her Hep A shot and didn't shed a tear--not one.
Here's a run down of Lila's life these days:
She sleeps in her bed (usually) from 8:30pm to 7:30am.
She likes to bath herself, standing up, and doesn't really like any help, saying "I do it myself!"
Keeping with that same "myself" theme, she likes to climb into the car, by herself, and get into her carseat by herself, too. I only get to buckle her in, because as she says, it's "too hard, mommy."
She loves breakfast--pancakes, waffles, cinnamon rolls, cereal, donuts, sausage rolls
Lunch, not so much--she likes string cheese, chips and yogurt. The end.
Lila can count to 10 and only misses #7
She can identify 7 colors--purple, red, blue, orange, yellow, green and white
She loves her babies and roly polys.
She loves going to her gym class. The trampoline, beam and rings are her favorites.
She likes cheering on her big brother at his ball practices and games, saying, "Go Jackson, go!"
She picks out and puts on her shoes by herself. Most of the time she even gets them on the right feet.
She brushes her own teeth at night.
She wears a size 4 diaper, size 2 clothes and size 7 shoe.
She's got a great memory and often recalls things that have happened weeks ago!
She has started telling her own jokes like, "One time a monster came into my room and bit my face off!"
She thinks Madison is hysterical whenever she tells jokes.
She loves playing with Aunt Lyndsie and often pretends to be her.
I'm sure I could go on for a while, but I need to go feed this sweet girl some lunch now. |
2 comments:
She is such a pretty little girl! Happy Birthday to Lila! Hope you guys are doing well.
Love that Lila Lou! I can't believe she's two!
Post a Comment