Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Austin 2012

We spent this past weekend in Austin with some of our good friends, the Rachavongs and Weismanns.  The trip was originally planned to surprise Adam on his 32nd birthday, but since my birthday was on Thursday, I got to celebrate as well!

Hayley found this awesome, cool, super-fun house in South Austin.  After we got all spruced up on Friday afternoon, it was time to head on over to Hula Hut, one of my all-time favorite Austin restaurants.


I was really excited about being on Lake Austin, eating my grilled chicken pipeline and having a mexican martini, but I was especially thrilled because Mike and Stephanie met us there!  We haven't seen them in over a year and a half, so this was such a treat.
After dinner, we came back to the house and got to open some fun presents.
The next day we went ziplining in the Hill Country and had a total blast!

We did six ziplines through the trees and walked over these crazy bridges, too.

The hubdog and I even got to race...

too bad he won, hands down!


Our last mission on this adventure was to repel down out of this tree.

I am happy to report that all of us made it down without a scratch.

The next morning we hit up the fresh breakfast taco trailers again.  They are so good! It was the perfect way to end our amazing weekend.

Of course, while the cat's away, the mice will play...and play these two did!
They played until their little hearts were content, and then began giving free concerts as a Lady Antebellum cover band.  The third member of their band was busy playing baseball, but rest assured, he rejoined the band immediately once he got home!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, ziplining is soooo much fun! Hubby & I did that in Costa Rica. LOVED it.

:)
Happy belated birthday.

Blog Archive